Its happening again!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jodie_jo

Aquarium Advice Regular
I wrote on here a few weeks ago about one of my head and tail tetras being ill, fins discoloured and frayed - it died not so long after i asked for help. Problem is, i think my other tetra is going down the same road and am trying to do something before it dies.

I have attached a picture, its not really clear, but the fish wont keep still!

Thanks for you help.

Attachments

• untitled_109.jpg
    untitled_109.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 18
NO3 is about 50mg/l
NO2 is 0
GH >10
KH 3
pH 7.2

i did a 50 % water change 3 days ago

oh, other fish are 2 gouramis, 1 plec, 1 oto, 7 neons, 2 congo tetras

Well first i wish you all the luck, I have lost about 30 tetra's from this way and the 6 i have are going the same way, the good news is that no other type of fish gets this illness, your NO3 is high, you wont it around 20ppm max, other than that the water looks gd, what about ammonia, but i dont think its anything to do with it. What kind of swimming is it doing, staying in one place and facing downwards, swimming in a darting action?? is it swimming with the rest of the tetra's, what about eating,??? Good luck, hope you have better luck with them than i do.

it swims in various ways, it looks quite calm one minute then the next it darts around the tank for a few second then back to placid. seems to be eating ok.

forgot to mention that this is only on one side of the fish, from the other side it looks normal...

Oh, hmmm, it could still be the illness that i was thinking of but it may not be, how long has it been looking like this, compared to the other 1, how long do u think it has left to live , a day? week? month?

maybe a couple of days? there is a picture of the other one the day before it died on here somewhere, ill get it and post it on here.

Attachments

• t_dsc03294_353_214.jpg
    t_dsc03294_353_214.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 143
yeah, sounds like what my tetra's have and i so far have found nothing to stop it, other than not getting more tetra's, try this web site to see if there is anything there you can find that is the same as your tetra is going through. http://www.fishpalace.org/Disease.html HTH

Back
Top Bottom