It's time for a Rousing Round of Guess That Plant!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Blackwood

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a plant I bought from a LFS that's now 600 miles away. It was heavily damaged in the move, so I'd like to replace it. Problem is, I have no idea what it is. Thus the game.

Pictures would make this too easy, so you'll have to make due with my sadly inadequate description...

Ok, picture a Canadian Maple Leaf (or an American one if you are so inclined). Lop off the two outer protrusions so it's only 3 'fingered' instead of 5. Lengthen the middle on about 20%, and round off the pointy parts so it's all rounded. Now paint it Kermit Green, almost Flourescent Green.

This is a root plant that grows fairly quick, and produces babies like mad (at least in my tank).

Apparently, all the leaves fall off when left in a closed bucket full of water for a week. Who'd a thunk it? It almost seeme to soften so that it just shredded itself.

The leaved are part of the stem, and they get bigger as the plant grows.

I've searched every online plant seller that I can find, but haven't found a picture of one yet. I like this plant, but the few remaining one that aren't in pieces are very small. I'd like to buy some new ones that I know will survive. The ones I have are iffy at best.

I have some babies that I'm leaving floating until they get bigger. The roots dangle and they seem to grow fairly well that way. I let the original ones go that way until they got big enough to plant. Given that I just did a 98% water change (set up the tank after a 600 mile move), my hopes aren't high for the ones left.

Be the correct one to guess the plant, and provide a picture, and you win a poke in the gut from a random stranger! What more could you want?

Oh, and yes, I called the LFS where I bought it, described it and the circumstances of how I bought it (out of their show tank, which is a no-no). They told me it was Duckweed. Not even close.

Any help in this will be greatly appreciated and bring good karma your way .

It's similar to watersprite, but the leaves are much thicker. It's not as scrawny.

I actually found it in the second link. Thanks for that...

ccornuta.jpg

It's Indian Fern... And my description was dead on accurate. I don't want to hear anything else... ;)

Depellegrini, expect a poke in the gut from a random stranger... It'll be random, so it may take a while, but it will happen.

Thanks for the help...

Back
Top Bottom