I've been reading about making my own food

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wael El-Dasher

Aquarium Advice Activist
I've been reading about making my own food and plan on blending squid, mussels, shrimp, seaweed, flake and pellets. I make sushi at home all the time and often have scraps of fresh tuna and salmon. Can u add scraps of salmon?

Only raw, with no seasoning. Remove the skin too. But salmon is not a SW fish food naturally. Not that I know for sure it makes much difference, but I see more SW recipes using white filets. I'd go with the white. Haddock or something.

I'd also substitute nori sheets for the flake and pellets. Add some garlic guard and zoe while you're at at.

Thanks, I am adding the nori in the form of green marine algae with garlic extract. I forgot to mention I'm adding scallops and garlic guard (Seachem). Would that be enough? So no pellets or flacks? The flacks have 30% krill

Fantastic! Thanks for the great feedback. I dipped the mixing spoon in the tank with just a bit of the left over from the blender and they all went crazy for it! I guess they liked it :)

I packed the food in a freezer zip lock bag and flattened it so it should be easy to break a piece for their next meal.

Cheers

Wael

My wife suggested I use ice cube trays so the portions would be easier and consistent but I thought the portions would be too large. I'll need to find mini ice cube trays

Even themin trays'll be too large IMO. Heck, even the cubed, frozen myisis or brine is too large for some tank's inhabitants. What fish are in the tank BTW?

Back
Top Bottom