I've got my first fry! Who's their momma?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
New Pics

Here's some updated pics of the little buggers. They are a month old now.

Attachments

• IMG_2374.jpg
    IMG_2374.jpg
    179.6 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_2378.jpg
    IMG_2378.jpg
    188.6 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_2388.jpg
    IMG_2388.jpg
    177 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_2407.jpg
    IMG_2407.jpg
    185.7 KB · Views: 57
They're all Molly fry. I have raised all 4 types and Molly fry are usually the biggest. Plus the shape of the mouth is a good indicator.

Here's my sword fry( Green Variety )

image-3432614626.jpg

Attachments

• image-3237909183.jpg
    image-3237909183.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 48
Last night I was looking around and they looked like pictures others had of Dalmation Molly fry. So, looks like I got a batch of those and was able to save 5 of the ones from my black molly. :)

Thats what i was going to say at first. I have dalmations and that is usualy how mine come out.. some light and others dark

The gold ones with the black spots are a month old. There were gold ones and gray ones at first. Mostly gray with maybe 3 gold ones. Now they are all gold with spots except for maybe 2 or 3 grayish ones with black spots.

The black fry are about 2 weeks old.

The gold ones I was catching for days as they were born. I didn't see them being born or know any fish was pregnant. I found a fry on accident and ended up catching 17 of them. I lost a couple. I think 4.

A couple weeks later, I was cleaning the tank and I moved some things around and fry came swimming out and into the corner of my tank. Little black ones. I had no idea! Surprise, again! I caught 5 of them. I missed at least 1. I don't know how many more are hiding in the main tank if any any more. I never see them. I didn't even know these guys were in there. The golden batch were swimming around and I would catch them. These black little guys were good hiders. They never came out, ever. I didn't know they were there.

Back
Top Bottom