I've had my mandarin in for about 3 months now

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bobby2727

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
K I have a 29 gal tank and it's been established for over a year and I've had my mandarin in for about 3 months now and is still doing good but I've noticed he went from super plump to just plump. And I just made a HOB refugium and stocked it with tigger pods last week and they have multiplied like crazy but it seems whenever they come out of the refugium before they make it to the live rock they become lunch and I don't want my mandarin to suffer. Should I get rid of my other fish or what should I do ? Thanks

Pull them out with a syringe and shoot them into your rock they will multiply in it as well that's what I would do

Ok thanks I'll try and I'll also look that up thanks again

Well here are the pod condos for my mandarin lets see if they work got one in the tank just chillin for now and one in the refugium that the tigger pods are stocking up

Attachments

• image-67025264.jpg
    image-67025264.jpg
    194.4 KB · Views: 136
  • image-3750391607.jpg
    image-3750391607.jpg
    203.8 KB · Views: 111
  • image-3550948625.jpg
    image-3550948625.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 107
Ya there really cool and super easy to make. Credit goes to bavass for the idea thanks

I found it doing a search and seemed to have great results from many people. I made 2 this past Sat so i am hoping too that they work, i have 1 in DT and 1 in sump.

Please post your results. I'm not convinced that these cages will do anything for the pod population. After all, the mandarin can't get anywhere in the tank. There are places that are too small for it to get into. Wouldn't these places have a similar effect on the pod population?

I imagine the thought process is that there is only so much room in the hotels. So they would eventually have to get pushed out into the real world.

I will be glad to post my results as long as Bobby doesn't mind since its his thread? I think the advantage of these to me is that you can put them in your sump/fuge and move them to the display tank and help keep the population of pods in display tank if your sump/fuge is under your display as mine is. The other thing is you could also do is shake in display tank to give all fish live food.

Like mr X, I wondered the same thing after it was suggested that I make a hotel fm an inverted strawberry container. Instead, I took 2lbs of LR rubble, set it in the center of my tank and built rock structure around it. I c tons of pods in my tank. My Mandarin can't get too close to the pile of rubble to have an effect on the pod population

Well so far mine seem to be working as soon as I put the one from my refugium into my main tank I saw some pods swimming out on to the LR and my other fish never messed with then and I still saw them in the lil condo. I'll have pics when I move the other one and nope I don't mind at all bavass

I've been using the pod condos for the past 3mths and have had great results.

I had tons of pods before I added the rubble. My tank was only 3 months old when I added my Dragonet. He's fat and sassy. I do add Phyto Feast fm time to time. It gives the pods somethin to eat in addition to what's already in the water

Back
Top Bottom