Java fern help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Athaocity

Aquarium Advice Freak
My java ferns are growing new pieces! I'm really excited about it.
My question is, when can I cut them and tie them to other parts in my tank? Is there a specific length I am supposed to wait for them to grow to then cut them or just cut them and replant them now? I've never done this before so some advice will be very helpful.

image-3288378375.jpg
image-3844109659.jpg
image-2706920854.jpg
image-4144566009.jpg
image-3525827098.jpg

Also java ferns are slow growers. Does co2 help speed their growth too ??

hi. you can transfer them now if you'd like. but just my few cents, make sure that they have enough roots to sustain being independent. I don't know if CO2 will help it grow faster, I wouldn't really know since I haven't tried dosing CO2 with mine. maybe some experts will chime in with that possibility.

daileene said:
hi. you can transfer them now if you'd like. but just my few cents, make sure that they have enough roots to sustain being independent. I don't know if CO2 will help it grow faster, I wouldn't really know since I haven't tried dosing CO2 with mine. maybe some experts will chime in with that possibility.

Ok as long as they have enough roots for themselves you say, then yes , some of them do. :)

Athaocity said:
Ok as long as they have enough roots for themselves you say, then yes , some of them do. :)

In fact from the time I put the java fern in my tank their roots have grown a lot :D

Back
Top Bottom