JBJ nano cube 12dx build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chris96m

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I found this jbj nano cube 12g dx at a lfs used for $50 came with the stand, hood, heater, and ceramic rings in the filter compartments. The fans on the hood were burned out when I got it so I replaced the fans with the one i found in an old xbox actually came out pretty well. The light is a Coralife 24 watts actinic, planning to upgrade soon cannot take the constant blue light.

I set the tank up yesterday it has a deep sand bed around 3 1/2" around 20lbs live sand and 12lbs of live rock.

My goal for this tank is to have some starter corals as this is my first reef experience, and maybe a pair of clowns but i dont know if they would really be happy in that space maybe a goby/shrimp pair if i cant do the clowns. I am currently going to college for marine biology so this is my little at home experiment lol.

Could really use any advice on stocking, equipment, etc.
Do I need a powerhead along with the return pump?

Attachments

• image(9).jpeg
    image(9).jpeg
    179.2 KB · Views: 99
  • image(11).jpeg
    image(11).jpeg
    230.7 KB · Views: 103
  • photo(1).jpg
    photo(1).jpg
    155 KB · Views: 97
  • image(3).jpeg
    image(3).jpeg
    240.6 KB · Views: 106
Just a few more pics of the rocks

Attachments

• image(6).jpeg
    image(6).jpeg
    240.4 KB · Views: 95
  • image(8).jpg
    image(8).jpg
    239.9 KB · Views: 94
  • image(10).jpg
    image(10).jpg
    233.1 KB · Views: 93
That was my big question it only has hookups for the one I thought there should be another someone told me it might be because the hood is from an older version of the jbj series that only came with one. I have another pc that is part of a tetra water wonders tank was thinking of trying to rig that light in there with the actinic

rearranged my rocks didn't really like the old setup plus i had some of my best rocks covered up and thats no good lol.

New hood?lights on the way now cant wait :)

Attachments

• photo(6).jpg
    photo(6).jpg
    236.6 KB · Views: 90
  • photo(3).jpg
    photo(3).jpg
    193.6 KB · Views: 75
Need some help in deciding what type of CUC for the tank.

Any suggestions???

in mine I've got an emerald crab, a couple nessarius snails, & about 6 hermits of different sizes. I recently added 3 turbo snails but they're a pain in my *** and keep knocking my frags off the rocks lol.

Any shrimp u would recommend or should I wait to add them when I get fish

Back
Top Bottom