Jellyfish like thing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
sounds like a jelly (they are not fish) thing coming from your rock, about 5+ of them I'd say

White and this is the best I can get

Attachments

• image-1196264058.jpg
    image-1196264058.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 217
I'm betting on aiptasia. They can be really small to like 50 cent piece sized or larger. I have two huge ones that I let live because they're so cool looking when they are that size. I have a peppermint shrimp who munches all the many offspring. They have to be kept far away from corals because they can sting them but otherwise they are pretty harmless. Biggest problem is how fast the can take over your tank if you don't keep them in check. Again, Peppermint shrimps eat the small ones so that is a natural control factor, instead of all the chemicals and injections that are out there. They don't tolerate high alkalinity so if you have a system with creatures that don't mind high alk, you could try that, too. (Problem is, they could just go dormant and you wouldn't know it.) Hope that helps.

A better pic would help a lot. Did you poke them or just look jelly like. I almost see some bubble algae (would be green round balls attached to rock) but really hard to tell with the pic. If that's what they are, not a good thing. If they are something with tenticles, maybe aptasia. Have you looked at?
Xtalreef - Reef Saltwater Aquarium

Back
Top Bottom