Jimbo's IM 25g Lagoon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jimbo7

Aquarium Advice Addict
Starting a build log for the ol' 25g Lagoon. I have to say so far I am really happy with this tank. It's built really well and the shallow dimensions really give it a lot of depth. I'm incredibly antsy to start filling it up.

Tank:
Innovative Marine 25g Lagoon

Stand:
DIY ADA Style Stand

Equipment:
Tunze Silence 1073.008
Tunze Comline 9001
Tunze Osmolator Nano
Jebao RW-4 Wavemaker
EHEIM Jager 50w Heater

Lights:
ReefRadiance Starfire

Stocking List:
Currently Cycling

Pair of Clowns - True Percula? Black Ocellaris?
Sand Sifting Goby - Leaning Diamond Watchman
Yellow Clown Goby
Six Line Wrasse

Getting ready to build the stand, bucket is pumped up.
httj2fJ.jpg

Went a little crazy with the glues & screws, want it super solid.
eW7Cs9e.jpg

Structure complete.
2XdOTU2.jpg

Everything pretty much painted. Used a few coats of polycrylic on top to add some extra protection.
DvdX4S9.jpg

Ready for water!
lvUc3hQ.jpg

Modifying the pump plumbing to fit the skimmer on top of it.
fPVnC3I.jpg

Hanging the LED's. Used 1/2" electrical conduit bent around to give it a nice look. I was originally going to paint it all black but it was too cold to go outside and spray. Now the silver is growing on me, so I might just take it down and polish it.
JG6GtEU.jpg

3D printed some standoffs and endcaps to clean up the look, if I end up leaving it silver ill have to figure out how to finish these.
O8Dt6xB.jpg

My very own cloudy water!
A1MxuuE.jpg

Final scape design.
9CcSEBl.jpg

YeQfBmq.jpg

aklxPln.jpg

VVkPXoR.jpg

Watching a cycle is worst than paint drying....
glqVqX8.jpg

Thats it for now. I used Bio-Spira to try and kick things off as well as the bags of live sand. Right now I'm half a week through and midway through the nitrite spike so hopefully not too far off for stocking.

Sweet man! Congrats! Looking forward to seeing the progress

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Really digging the light hanger, and the entire project! How many attempts did it take to bend the conduit correctly to fit how you wanted?

Jesse

Conduit actually only took one try surprisingly. I did plenty of googling on "Back to Back 90's" and watched quite a few how to videos before attempting.

Cycle finished sometime around Wednesday, added more ammonia to make sure everything was working and Thursday levels were still good.

This morning I met up with a local reefer for a "small" starter pack of some hardy starter corals.

yHwLXgX.jpg

I'll post some pictures later, I'm also going to go check out a LFS and grab some CC and maybe a first addition.

Back
Top Bottom