Johanni with yellow labs and rustys

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

subliminalanarchy

Aquarium Advice Activist
Quick Question

Think 5 male johanni, 5 yellow labs, and 5 rustys will work in a regular 55g?

My LFS only has male johanni. Just worried about them being too aggressive?

I really want some blue mbuna to go with rustys and yellow labs but I'm having a hard time finding any. Socolofi might work but 5 male johannis would be so much better..

Maybe one...but five I'm not sure. I always thought johannis were pretty aggressive. See if u can find another store even if it's a drive to get a bigger selection.

Yeah I definitely would not put five male johannis in a tank. They're pretty aggressive and five males would end up with someone getting killed in that tank.

Thanks for the feedback. I definitely should drive around some more and check out some more stores.

It seems impossible to find a bright blue mbuna that's not crazy lol

Ya I've seen them before. I do love their color.. The only thing that's holding me back is that some sites say they get 5-6" and that sounds kind of big. I don't know, it's a possibility though. Good suggestion.

I have some pulpican cichlids look similar to cobalt zebras (i wonder are they the same) they are a beautiful blue and don't get to big either, might be good for u.

Back
Top Bottom