Johnny's 10 g Planted Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Johnny32561

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi guys, I've finally put together the equipment for my first planted tank. I'm open to suggestions of what to put in here as I don't have any plants yet? I am also thinking of adding shrimps when the tank is cycled. I'll be posting pics when I am done setting it up post any questions u guys have.
Thank You

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I think I'm going to go in between as I have a co2 art reg and I'm currently waiting for some lighting

Hi Johnny

I look forward to seeing this build. Where are you getting the plants from?

Plants

Hi so far ive only decided for sure on 2 plants im getting dwarf baby tears from aquariu plants .com

Hi so far ive only decided for sure on 2 plants im getting dwarf baby tears from aquariu plants .com

Are you getting the tissue culture version of DBT/HC Cuba? I got some HC Cuba and Glosso tissue culture plants from AquariumPlants back in January. The HC Cuba struggled and the glosso grew rampant and smothered everything in its path. Trimmed the glosso back and giving the HC Cuba any try. Definitely not an easy plant to grow.

Are you getting the tissue culture version of DBT/HC Cuba? I got some HC Cuba and Glosso tissue culture plants from AquariumPlants back in January. The HC Cuba struggled and the glosso grew rampant and smothered everything in its path. Trimmed the glosso back and giving the HC Cuba any try. Definitely not an easy plant to grow.

I am going to be getting potted version of HC.

There was a problem with the regulator as co2 art forgot to send the cap that connects to the tubing. I'm not getting plants until this is fixed.

There was a problem with the regulator as co2 art forgot to send the cap that connects to the tubing. I'm not getting plants until this is fixed.

I went to the CO2 Art website and the equipment looks stylish. And not too expensive. Did you order the regulator from the UK or stateside? That stinks about the missing part. Appears to be a compression nut.
Two years ago I ordered an Aquatek regulator/solenoid and so far have been happy with it. Inexpensive, entry level and no issues to speak of. Using a paintball tank for ease of refills but I can switch to a larger tank if needed.
What lighting do you plan to get for this tank?

I ordered the regulator from the uk and I plan to get some kind of finnex led but I'm not sure if it's enough for HC

Hey guys
It's been a few days and the missing part from my regulator finally came ! This is the complete co2 system I have ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1465511506.241206.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1465511525.216498.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1465511565.553815.jpg there is no co2 running yet

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom