Jordan's 25 gallon reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jmay33

Aquarium Advice Addict
I got a 29 gallon biocube and I loved the look but hated all of the equipment. It didn't seem safe. I bought it used and it must have had some issues. I know they're cool little tanks. However, for the sake of avoiding an electrical fire, I got a 25 gallon tall tank and switched everything over. Used some established filter media to try and keep it from cycling too bad. I also am daily dosing Seachem Stability. I used aragonite live sand and transferred some from the established tank over. All rock is live rock (25-30 lbs). Currently has 2 T5 coralife 10,000K bulbs on it. I plan on adding 2 more in the morning. Has a standard filter on it. Going to add another one in the morning and a powerhead as soon as I have a chance. The only ones I have are 800 gph wave makers. Lol! I need a smaller one. The temperature is 78 degrees so I'm trying to move the temperature up slowly. All fish, CUC, and corals look to be adjusting well. Just have to keep up with my parameters and water changes. I'll post pics tomorrow.

I added some chaeto (sp?) today.

img_2564285_0_22155a0ad7be2e60928ee65114c90e80.jpg

Sounds good. Nice clown btw. Do you have any full tank shots

Thanks and thanks! That clown was the first saltwater fish I ever bought! :) I don't yet. This morning my 6-line wrasse showed a few signs of stress so I haven't arranged my rocks yet. Everything is just kind of hanging out for now. Tomorrow I'll rearrange and take some pictures. :) the chaeto is new for me. I've never had it before.

I haven't arranged (or even put in) all my rock, but here's a full tank shot.

img_2564613_0_6adf0f7d89d9abbb8fd87f38e4157b94.jpg

I think my mushroom coral Is braver, but I have one of the most original named clownfish ever. Scaredy Cat

Ahh. You didn't name him nemo? You must not even like saltwater. Hahahah. Just kidding. That's cute. My clownfish is named Marlin since he lost his girlfriend.

Ahh. You didn't name him nemo? You must not even like saltwater. Hahahah. Just kidding. That's cute. My clownfish is named Marlin since he lost his girlfriend.

Lol, I think I like my saltwater better then my fresh, and that's sad. Not to a barracuda I hope

Lol, I think I like my saltwater better then my fresh, and that's sad. Not to a barracuda I hope

Lol. Nope. Not a barracuda. I used to have a plethora of freshwater tanks. I got 1 saltwater and I haven't been very interested in them since. Lol.

Lol. Nope. Not a barracuda. I used to have a plethora of freshwater tanks. I got 1 saltwater and I haven't been very interested in them since. Lol.

Me and you both. I have a 45 FW an I preferred my SW and it was just rocks

How much good would it do to put my reef octopus HOB skimmer on this tank?

I have the best boyfriend ever. Look at what he ordered for me. :)

img_2591759_0_650e9b5aa47ad54e048689069d090309.jpg

img_2591759_1_6a84436c79a3baf869bc4fc9baec6adf.jpg

Back
Top Bottom