Julidochromis marlieri magara

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stevenht

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Got 5 Julie's magara and 7 multis and they're working out their territories right now. 2 of the Julie's are noticeably bigger than the other 3. 1 is medium sized and the other 2 are pretty small. They're picking on the 2 smaller ones. Do they need to be taken out now or eventually?

It's not overly aggressive behavior but enough that I noticed it. This is the first day in the tank

Last edited by a moderator:
I will guess the larger males and smaller females..
Wait and see. If the aggression becomes dangerous move out bully and re arrange rocks.

They're about an inch to inch and a quarter. So idk if it's too early to tell or what. On day 2, the aggression seems to have died down a bit. The multis are taking a liking to the shells finally. The Julie's sit in the back of the tank and aren't doing a whole lot.

I want to add 5 more Tanganyika fish once I upgrade the filter to 2, aquaclear 70s and tank gets used to the bioload. Any recommendations?

Cyprichromis are good but they're quite expensive where I'm at. I like leuleupi but idk how they will do with the Julie's.

So, I went out and got cichlid sinking pellets for them to start. Well, they're way to big for their mouths. Any other ideas on what to feed them? I wouldn't mind making DIY food either.

Back
Top Bottom