Jungle Fizz Tabs (Co2) bad for fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nexis90

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello! I am on the new adventure of trying to learn and figure out the logistics to my new fish tank that i've had about two months. Here's the stats:

20 Gallon Tank (long)
6 Tetras, 1 Cory Catfish, 1 Sucker Fish (nocturnal)
200 Gallon/Hr Filter
50 Watt Heater Temperature about 75 degrees

I have a question regarding Jungle Fizz Tabs Co2. I heard they are good for the plants. I have a plant and a bamboo in the tank. My biggest question is if the Co2 tabs can harm the fish? It says to do one tab one time a day twice a week. Anyone have knowledge about this?

Thanks!

I wouldn't recommend them, not because they hurt fish, but because any product that advertises itself as a co2 supplement and then says to add it twice a week is suspect. CO2 in water is constantly trying to reach equilibrium with air. If these tabs are releasing CO2, it wouldn't take but a couple of hours for all the co2 to just off gas out of the tank.

Consider a carbon supplement like glutaraldehyde instead - and dose it once a day or every other day. The most popular glutaraldehyde product is seachem excel, and it is available in most LFSs.

Back
Top Bottom