Just an update from me!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GuOD

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey everyone,

I just wanted to post an update since I haven't been around for awhile. I've been posting somewhere else when i've had the chance but I hope to cotinue posting more here!

So my 120 gallon has been moved back home (3 hours away!) and everything is fine. All of my fish are doing great and I've added a bunch of SPS corals!!

I'm moving to a 150g tank (4x2x30") and then I'm using my old 120 as a sump!

My stocking list is gonna be as follows when completed)

convict tang
yellow tang
tomini tang
barred rabbitfish
5 chromis
puprle firefish
lyretail antihas (male)
midas blenny
leopard wrasse
ocellaris
(i added a shrimp goby at one point but i haven't seen it since... maybe it jumped/died)

gonna have about 40x flow.
ATi BM200 and some other stuff.

Any questions feel free to ask! Gonna add some pics shortly!

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

Nice job! It looks as though things are going well. I to am awaiting that full tank shot!

Well, right now the tank is just sitting on the floor and isn't aquascaped at all. I only managed to move 60gal of water so I had to just put everything on the floor.

I'm going to take FTS as soon as I get the new tank setup :)

GuOD said:

Just make sure your floor will be able to handle all that weight. :wink:

melosu58 said:
GuOD said:

Just make sure your floor will be able to handle all that weight. :wink:

It's in the basement so I certainly hope it can! ;)

The tank is going to be sorta peninsula from the wall and the overflow will run around a corner (through a doorway) into the sump in the storage room behind. I'm really looking forward to getting it all setup!

cccapt said:
3 tangs in a 4' tank? I think your looking for trouble.

3 tang and a rabbitfish already. they all get along great and are friends :) i may even add 1-2 more tang. don't forget it's 150gal even though it's 4' and i'm keeping the smaller tangs only (top out at 8" in wild, less in aquarium).

i'm also gonna be leaving lotsa swimming space

Hey GuOD i have a question. Do any of your Tangs flare up and put their tailfins down on the sand? If so what does this mean? My Yellow Tang goes up to my clows and flares up and then lowers its tailfin into the sand. Really weird.

No idea whatsoever. Mine swim around together and don't interact much other than that.

The only weird behaviour i've seen is my convict tang going in circles around my Trach coral.

I just hooked up my new Tunze 6100s! They should call them Tunze Destroyers!! All my corals blew over and the fish smashed into the rocks. I'm trying to decide on a nice way to set them up for flow all over.

Nice, why don't you have it filled all the way up?

I don't have my sump ready yet (that 120g you see behind is the to-be sump!)

I need to drain my old tank... clean it up and then add some baffles... and then I'll have a sump and fill my tank all the way :)

Very nice. Great pic too. I always thought about dividing my rock as to create a drop off for the fish. That would be cool

Back
Top Bottom