Just bought this. Stay tuned...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not to ignore the importance of red, but that was just too much red. There have been studies relating to how aquariums and taking care of them relax people. It would be neat to see similar comparing tanks lit with different light spectrums. I'm sure it would point to blues being the more relaxing, just off of the effects colors have on people. Looking at an all red tank all day long might make you want to hit things lol.

With that size tank, you really only need 1-2 red LEDs. I dont know how much you have, but it seems like it's too much.

needmorecowbell said:
With that size tank, you really only need 1-2 red LEDs. I dont know how much you have, but it seems like it's too much.

It's a 8 gallon from innovative marine. I sent that Par38 back. A friend said to try it. It only had 2 red LEDs it was just way overpowering.

It was this light

http://www.marinedepot.com/Ecoxotic...f_Aquariums-Ecoxotic-XX06850-FILTBULD-vi.html

The company when I called said it would be perfect for my tank. Yea... Riiiight.

This my tank.

http://innovative-marine.com/nuvo-aquarium/nano8-0201.html

If the stock lighting was fine for zoos, shrooms, ricordias some leathers then I'd leave it but I don't think so and it would probably look better under some sweet lights.

What about AI's nano?

the AI nano is great, but be sure to get the super blue. also id wait AI is supposed to be releasing a new fixture called the Vega. you should look into the vega more before you buy the nano.

Thartsockpg said:
the AI nano is great, but be sure to get the super blue. also id wait AI is supposed to be releasing a new fixture called the Vega. you should look into the vega more before you buy the nano.

Thanks for the info. I'll look into it.

Yea plus the jbj you can get it on white and that's cool because the tank is white. That or the AI nano super blue.

Not sure yet but that Par38 was horrible lol. I called for the return policy and they tried to tell me because I fired it up it was now used. I emailed them a few pics and told them the light stinks!! The red washed everything away. Terrible!!

The YouTube videos are deceiving.

This is late.
+1.
Gotta see what your lights turn out to be and what you stock it with. :D

Ok it's a toss between the AI NANO SUPER BLUE with the controller :)

Or the JBJ nano light in white.

jbj has a nice mounting bracket the AI comes with one but it's not that great according to reviews and some say it doesn't sit in center of tank. Although having the controller it will basically do what the AI SOL BLUE does.

So I'm torn, the AI is actually cheaper but then add the wireless remote and there the pretty much the same price

Convict2161 said:
Ok it's a toss between the AI NANO SUPER BLUE with the controller :)

Or the JBJ nano light in white.

jbj has a nice mounting bracket the AI comes with one but it's not that great according to reviews and some say it doesn't sit in center of tank. Although having the controller it will basically do what the AI SOL BLUE does.

So I'm torn, the AI is actually cheaper but then add the wireless remote and there the pretty much the same price

Hmmmm. Well they both sound good. I saw something about AL coming out with the wireless controller. Pissed I would have gotten that instead of the one I have lol

Go ai. Itll give you your blue look and basically a remote. If the base isnt what you like, cant you just mount it through the wall like you wanted to due to being an electrician?

Sniperhank said:
Go ai. Itll give you your blue look and basically a remote. If the base isnt what you like, cant you just mount it through the wall like you wanted to due to being an electrician?

Yup! AI it is!! I'm gonna do some sick bracket.

Convict2161 said:
Yup! AI it is!! I'm gonna do some sick bracket.

Had a feeling that u would lol. What remote did u get? The new wireless one

I was on there site two days after I had mine all set up and saw it and I like the color.

Back
Top Bottom