Just found a snail!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If the snail has an elongated cone shaped shell, then most likely it's a Malaysian Trumpet Snail (MTS). These guys are actually beneficial in eating up uneaten food, algae, and stirring up the substrate (especially sand). If the snail is kinda round and stays pretty small, could be a Physa Acuta (AKA: tadpole / pond snails). I love picking them both out of my community tank and feeding them to my dwarf puffers. Crunchy snacks! :)

Welp... Mr. Snail is back... Or one of his relatives LOL. I seen him last night and again tonight. I tried to get a picture but he moved pretty quickly into the gravel. Hes tiny, about the size of small gravel, and the shell looked somewhat pointy but I didn't get a great look because the tank lights are out now.

I like my snails. I did have too many at one point. I put a piece of food in front on the sand and netted out snails for 2 nights. Worked great. Snails in check, tank and plants are fine.

Coursair said:
I like my snails. I did have too many at one point. I put a piece of food in front on the sand and netted out snails for 2 nights. Worked great. Snails in check, tank and plants are fine.

Nice, yea I don't mind it right now. Actually late last night I seen TWO on the glass so they are starting a family apparently LOL. They only seem to come out after lights out, and they come from the gravel.

What kind of food did you use to coax them out?

Back
Top Bottom