Just getting started

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

studioac

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Have a 90 gallon fish only tank with sump and skimmer. Adding a UV sterilizer today. Tank was cycled with damsels for 8 weeks and ready to go. I'm planning to keep 3 yellowtail damsels and give the rest back. I want a peaceful tank and will add new fish gradually. I'm thinking Royal Gramma, Longnose Hawkfish, Firefish, Banggai Cardinal, and some kind of wrasse (any suggestions?). Then later a flame angel and some kind of butterfly or tang. Does this sound relatively safe? Too boring? Will a pair of clowns it in with the others (no anemones)?

I am not a fan of damsels, they are mean. On that note add the hawkfish last out of the ones you listed as they can be semi aggressive also. Sounds like a good line up. I would consider a reef safe wrasse to leave your options open, most fish listed are reef save except for butterflies. The fairy wrasses have great coloring.

JustinKBreen said:
I am not a fan of damsels, they are mean. On that note add the hawkfish last out of the ones you listed as they can be semi aggressive also. Sounds like a good line up. I would consider a reef safe wrasse to leave your options open, most fish listed are reef save except for butterflies. The fairy wrasses have great coloring.

Well, yesterday I added two clowns and a beautiful Cirrhilabrus solorensis (redhead or solar fairy wrasse), a gorgeous fish! So far all are getting along beautifully. I'm going to wait a couple of weeks and add a few more different fish. There are lots of options and I'm in no rush. Right now just enjoying the wrasse and the clowns, and hope that the damsels behave themselves. If they want to get aggressive I hope they just fight each other.

Added a Valentini puffer, a long nose Hawkfish, and a purple firefish. So far doing great

Back
Top Bottom