Just started cycling my 30 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

joemomma456

Aquarium Advice Activist
I was just wanting some ideas on decor and fish

Attachments

• 1399256683076.jpg
    1399256683076.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 92
And its not cloudy i took that pic right when i got done setting it up

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

You should really cut it down and get the pyramid piece a couple inches about gravel..

But does anyone have decoration or fish suggestions

Sure, set it up as a planted community tank, reminiscent of an Amazon biotrope. It won't be a true Amazonian river as the low light plants you'll need will come from all over.

Use some jave fern, anubias, and maybe an amazon sword. Add some stem plants on the background, anacharis is easy to grow and float some hornwort and Frogbit.

Use a shoal of cories and a bristle nosed pleco on the bottom and get a couple of shoals of tetras. Maybe add a Bolivian ram or two and you'd be done.

To many bubbles or just leave it and i took the extension off

Attachments

• 1399322830763.jpg
    1399322830763.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 54
Once there are more decor the bubbles will look better. I suggest a piece of drift wood some live plants. Like said before a school of Corys 6+ a RLP or a Bristle pleco and a school of some kin of tetras. Add two or three Bolivians. Here's a pick of mineImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1399326161.375599.jpg my Bolivians are juveniles so they will still get more red.

Rasboras, loaches and gouramis are Asian, so for an Asian theme biotrope you would use those fish. Cories tetras and ram are Amazonian or S American themed biotrope fish.

Can i mix live and fake plants?

You should try to get that intake cover on there somehow, a fish will get sucked right up there.. You can carefully cut the intake tube with a steak knife or small wood saw...

Back
Top Bottom