Just starting out

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

newfrye

Aquarium Advice Regular
So I have a 90 gallon tank that I am making a peaceful community tank. I currently have a couple small schools listed below.

4 swordtails (1 male, 1 female and 2 fry almost same size as neons)
6 neon tetras
6 leopard danios
4 emerald green corys
1 julii cory

I'm thinking about adding something in about a month as I just got the danios today. I would like to get something that would be in the range of 6" and would want one or two of the species.

Water parameters are as follows

Ph 8
Ammonia 0 ppm
Nitrite 0 ppm
Nitrate 10 ppm

Just did a 15% water change yesterday and tested the levels this morning. Running a cascade 1000 and a top fin air 8000.

Thanks for your fish suggestions.

Right now I would say that you are 65-70% stocked. You could add maybe a pair of rams or apistos and one angelfish, plus 10 rummynose tetras and call it stocked. Maybe add 5 otocinclus vittatus as well. Just remember that the rummynose need a tank that is at least a month old (but you seem to have that already) and will be fragile in the beginning, but eventually very hardy. Also, the otos and the rams/apistos need 3 month old plus tanks.

Rams or aspistos would look nice. You could also go with a Pearl Gourami.

The tank seems to have livened up after adding the danios. They are all over the place.

Back
Top Bottom