Just wondering

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chronos313

Aquarium Advice Addict
Just wondering how to clean fake plants, I GBR a couple that are getting some hard algae I believe on them. How can I go about cleaning these either by scrubbing or soaking? And why's the safest method

Chronos313 said:
Just wondering how to clean fake plants, I GBR a couple that are getting some hard algae I believe on them. How can I go about cleaning these either by scrubbing or soaking? And why's the safest method

I actually like when it gets brown and more natural looking. But you can take them out and just use warm water and scrub them.

i usually take one or two plants out during a water change and scrub them under water with a paper towel or something, but you only want to do about one or two a week to avoid disturbing any bacteria

I just get a fish-safe sponge and wipe them off in the old tank water when I do water changes. No worries about bacteria, really. There is only a small percentage that is on your plants and if you are really worried about your BB situation, then clean the plants on a week you aren't cleaning your filter pad.

Back
Top Bottom