Juwel poster fix inside aquarium! Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fish46

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello.
I made a huge mistake, I am absolutely desperate and I am falling apart.
A few weeks ago I got a brand new aquarium, bigger and better for my beloved fish. I used poster fix from Juwel to "glue" the poster to the back wall (on the outside of course). To even-spread the poster fix i used a sponge. Somehow this sponge made its way to the storage section under the aquarium. Today I was doing my usual water change and cleaning routine, and of course I managed to find this sponge, thought to myself that this was a new and clean one, and used it to clean the glass inside the aquarium. Not until I was finished cleaning I noticed that my hands felt a little oily. Then, to my horror, I realized what I had done. I do not think it is a lot, but of course i have rubbed this stuff onto the glass. I am now terrified my fish will die. I will never forgive myself if that happens. I feel like the stupidest and worst person in the world right now. What do I do?

If there is an oily residue on the waters surface a paper towel laid on the surface and lifted off should remove the oil. I would turn off the filters and any bubblers for a while so the water surface is still and see if any oil appears on the surface that can similarly be removed.

Big water change, get some carbon in the filter which might remove some contaminants. If anything looks amiss more water changes. Maybe change any polishing pads in the filter. Monitor water parameters.

Hopefully not much damage done.

Maybe contact Juwel and ask them if they can recommend anything.

Back
Top Bottom