Keep losing fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ld123

Aquarium Advice Freak
My fish keep dying. Their tails go funny and then a few days to a week later they die?

More information is needed to be able to help you. Tank size? Water parameters; ammonia, nitrites, nitrates, Ph? Water change schedule? What type of fish & how many in the tank? How long has the tank been set up? How long have you had the fish? What do you mean by "tails go funny"?

95l. Amm 0. Nitrate 10. Nitrite 0. 30% a week. Been set up over a year. Um they start to point if that makes sense

95l. Amm 0. Nitrate 10. Nitrite 0. 30% a week. Been set up over a year. Um they start to point if that makes sense

What is the stock of your tank; fish type & number of each? Point as in the fish is straight up & down with the tail up (or down)? The tail goes rigid as if the fish can't move it? Sorry, trying to understand.

Yeah almost like back end won't move.

9 cardinal tetra
2 lamp eyes
3 platies
4 guppies
4 rummy nose tetra
1 clown plec

You're pretty heavily stocked for a 25 gal; the platys and guppies have a high bioload as does the pleco. What's your water change schedule and how much do you change at a time? Temp of the tank? What dechlorinator do you use? What filter do you have? What test kit are you using?

What do you feed and how much? Are your current fish suddenly showing these symptoms or is it new fish?

I change 25-30% weekly. 25 degrees c. I use seachem prime. I have the fluval U2 and fluval mini.

Yes current fish. Mainly guppies but now one platy.

And I feed every other day or every 3rd day.

But j have one baby lamp eye in a breeding bet which is feed daily but very little

Back
Top Bottom