keep or lose

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cichlidheaven

Aquarium Advice Regular
Sup people so did a reascape was woundering if I should keep the fake plants or remove tell me what you think majority wins lol

ForumRunner_20130303_182243.jpg

I like it. It might not mirror their actual biotope but sure beats pirate ship and dragon fake decorations.

Lol ill never ever do fake decor lol leave that for goldfish and the kiddies lol thanks that's one on keeps lol plus I was getting tired of just looking at rocks lol

I would keep, until you get some real plants ...what about adding something like java fern?

Plastic is NOT fantastic. Def get rid of that...I like the java fern idea...maybe some driftwood. Natural is the way to go

I whant to but that would mean more spending on all the things to keep the plants healthy plus mbunas would tare the plants up lol

You know what also helped when I buy plants..depending on the size of your tank.. Buy big plants like swords anubias and other tall plants. Then after you plant them put a heavy object(I.e rocks,decor,etc) on top then the little buggers have a hard time with them. You can also get the potted plants ..they will rip them up out of the gravel but they will stay at the bottom.

I spent 60 bucks for the plants rocks driftwood and fertilizer that you plant into the substrate and the zebras I have don't mess with my java ferns and Val's much

Attachments

• image-1980112235.jpg
    image-1980112235.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 58
Java fern is almost impossible to kill in my experience and it grows like a weed, just don't plant it's root system, anchor it loosely to a nice piece of wood. Also, with decent inexpensive lighting java fern requires little expense in terms of care and if you know anyone with java fern in their tank they'll probably give you some for free... It grows like crazy and sends off little babies from the leaf tips regularly. Anubis is also easy to grow, but really slow growing and if you anchor it to a rock or a piece of driftwood it's pretty sturdy in the tank.

Well my tanks bin running for like 2 years including big water changes and the mission on finding the right fish mix but its finnaly done I wanna add drift wood I'm just cheap so most likly have to bee found and boils and baked ect I just might do live plants it all depends I like to rescape like every 3 months

Back
Top Bottom