keeping a platy with shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

skargo2009

Aquarium Advice Activist
so i have a baby platy in my 10 gallon with my shrimp (ghost shrimp, red cherry shrimp and a few bumblebee shrimp)

the platy is maybe half an inch. it doesnt bother the shrimp, but will it try to eat them when it gets bigger

Most likely. Platies can get large (relatively).
Some have reported that endlers are fine with dwarf shrimp. I have a female endler that would actively stalk RCS in my planted tank.

Most likely. Platies can get large (relatively).
Some have reported that endlers are fine with dwarf shrimp. I have a female endler that would actively stalk RCS in my planted tank.

so how long will it be until i need to move it. i cant move it yet, because my angelfish will eat it in my 30 gallon and my raphael catfish will eat it in my 55 gallon.

I would keep an eye on the young platy. You could always put it in a net breeder.
Amanos are robust for dwarf shrimp.

Tell me about. One of mine dashed into a group of fish and stole the pellet they were picking at. Little thug. :lol: :pimp:

Yeah they love to do that, but the smaller shrimp are a possible meal.

They can do the nibbling/snacking when their mouths are big enough for biting them, when they are hungry and when they feel like chasing something - Pretty much whenever they can.

I'd say over half inch is likely possible.

Back
Top Bottom