Ken's Fish Food

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Diablos

Aquarium Advice Regular
So I just got done looking at that website, after reading one of the post regarding fish food. Looks like some awesome stuff. So my question is if I want to supplement some jack dempseys, with something they'll love more flak and pellets. Should I go with some of Ken's stuff and what?

Also I noticed he didn't have any live food on there? Any suggestions along those lines?

With Ken's, I recommend (according to the size you need)
KENS PREMIUM FLOATING CICHLID PELLETS
KENS PREMIUM SOFT&MOIST WITH KRILL
KENS PREMIUM EARTHWORM STICKS
KENS PREMIUM VEGETABLE STICKS

The last three sink and the krill you need to refrigerate after opening.

I don't feed live and if I did I would use fry and juvies that I have raised. You can try market shrimp this is cheap and provides alot of protein.

I ended up getting

KENS PREMIUM FLOATING/SINKING CICHLID PELLETS 1.5MM
&
FREEZE DRIED BLOODWORMS

Got the smaller pellets, because most of the jd stock is 2" to 1-1/4", and currently with some med size pellets some can not feed on them (those guys get flake). I realize the freeze dried isn't as good, but it will still give the protein needed for growth, I think lol 8O

I really like Ken's.

I just received my order. I went with the 4 bit sinking mix, Catfish pellets, and new spectrum community formula. You can't beat the prices! I also like that he ships in 1/2lb pouches, so you don't have to open a whole big bag of food right away. He also threw in a sample of his marine flakes too.

Hope the fish like this food as much as I do... Well, without tasting it I should add.

Let us know how the fish like it and how healthy the seems eating it. I am thinking about ordering from him too. I currently use a lot of Tetra or Hikari food. If you go to the Hikari website and fill out a form they will send you free samples of the food for your type of fish. I received my free samples and the fish seem to love the food. For free I think everyone should at least try it.

If you go to the Hikari website and fill out a form they will send you free samples

That is good info, thanks I'm going there now.

So far the fish all seem to be interested in all of the food I bought. Even the snails seem to be happy with it (surprise). He has quite a variety of different types of food which fits my idea of a varied feeding.

It takes a couple of weeks to receive the samples after you mail in the form but it is worth, I received betta gold, tropical flakes, micro waffers, sinking pellets and algae waffers. They will send you food for all the different types of fish you have so make sure you list all types in your tank.

i just ordered food and other drygoods from Ken's, and saved some cash. his prices on food is nice, filter media better, and i cauught a fluval on sale that was really a great deal!!

Yes that is the form, except I didn't send any flake food so instead of the 20g they sent me samples of the different foods for my fish. But I am still very happy and now I think I will feel it out again and send my almost empty tetra flake food package so I can get the 20g.

Rock on feel samples rule. But this was supose to be about Ken's he appears to be a smaller guy, you guys should give him a chance rather than buy from the corporate giants. Not to mention his prices rock. Also so far out of the food I purchased

Freeze Dried Blood Worms - A (Good protein, fish love um)

1.5mm Sinking/Floating Cichlid pellets - B- (These pretty much all sink, was hoping for a good medium.)

Back
Top Bottom