kick ich?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It will kill everything but the spores. If you have coral, I would be careful. do a water change with in 48 hours. :wink:

It will kill everything but the spores. If you have coral, I would be careful. do a water change with in 48 hours. :wink:

Kick ich is reef safe and will not harm your corals. I've used it in my reef without any harm to corals or other inverts. The only problem with it is, it's very weak. It took me two treatments before the ich was gone. There hasn't been alot of good said about this product and I'm sure results may vary. There are other tried and true methods like QTing your fish and treating with hypo or copper.

I was just asking because I lost ALL of my fish using this. Even though they were lost i still continued the treatment. So I was thinking that ich was gone. The tank has been empty for 2 weeks and I turned up the heat with the use of kick ich. The reason is Im having a very hard time for some reason in my qt tank. The amm and nitrite are high and no matter how much water change I do they only go down very little and Im worried that the flame angel in there will die soon if something is not done.

I can't guarantee you that it's gonna kill the parasite so, I would continue to QT your angel. Do daily water changes if that is what it takes. What do you have in the QT tank? Any rock? PVC elbows? Anything for bacteria to grow on?

Yeah he is in a 20 gal qt tank along with a royal gramma. I have a few pvc pipes in there

I dont' know what to suggest then, other than more water changes. Even if they are 50% every day.

Back
Top Bottom