killer mini maxa nem?????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

craig_will2513

Aquarium Advice Freak
hi all not sure if this is in the right section..... i have a mini maxi nem and this morning i woke up to find my yellow sail fin tang dead stuck to the mini maxi nem and it looked like it had been eaten as half of one side of the tang had gone. iam asking if the nem would have caught the fish purpousely to eat it or if the fish just got to close and got stuck or even if the fish died in the night and the current carried it onto the nem

^ exactly what he said, maxi minis are not like bigger carpet nems, they are not as aggressive and wont seek out fish. I have a dragonet thats super slow and he is fine with the 3 I have in my tank.

This is always an interesting topic, a maxi mini can capture smaller fish and consume them. Does it happen in our systems yes on occasions. Now just because one finds a fish being consumed doesn't mean the maxi mini captured it as ccCapt mentioned it could be that the the fish just died.

I have three maxi mini and a rock flower anemone in one of my tanks. One of the maxi has eaten two fish in that system, a small blenny and a mandarian. The rock flower ate a blenny many years ago. It is possible that a fish may have just died but I am fairly attentive to the husbandry of my fish and know that they were healthy/properly feed specimens.

I watched the one blenny perch down onto the rock flower and was held for ~ 20 seconds before escaping about a year before it met its demise. Now that same rock flower has been hosting a tomato clown for a few years now.

i dont think the fish was ill or dieing he looked fine nice and active eating well. iam new to this so i probably missed something.. so another question how ever the tang ended up there should i have let the nem eat him or take it out.. i took it out ut just wanted to know what would have been right

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom