Kleiner bar sword questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Stacey W.

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have now owned my kleiner bar for 2 weeks. I have trimmed approximately 2-3 leaves that looked sickly at my last wc on Sunday. I have a gravel substrate and it has a root tab placed under it. Should I have planted it deeper than 4"? Also if the area just above the root system is above the substrate is that ok? Because my loaches are diggers of course. Need experienced advice I am still a newb when it comes to a planted tank.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Well the crown is above the substrate, you're using root tabs and trimming dying leaves, so it sounds like you're well on your way to keeping a healthy sword plant.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Well the crown is above the substrate, you're using root tabs and trimming dying leaves, so it sounds like you're well on your way to keeping a healthy sword plant.

Well seems that it is getting new leaves but they seem unhealthy too. Is it because the plant is not established in my tank yet? It's been in the tank for 2 weeks now.

Well seems that it is getting new leaves but they seem unhealthy too. Is it because the plant is not established in my tank yet? It's been in the tank for 2 weeks now.

It's probably still getting used to the tank.

I use this for my tank:
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1430873628.540384.jpg

Caleb

It's probably still getting used to the tank.

I use this for my tank:
View attachment 271706

Caleb

Yeah thanks! Already bookmarked this from a previous thread. Just wanna know if it's normal or if I am doing something wrong. Because I read some plants can look worse before they get healthy ( i.e. crypts melt completely in a new tank).

Yeah thanks! Already bookmarked this from a previous thread. Just wanna know if it's normal or if I am doing something wrong. Because I read some plants can look worse before they get healthy ( i.e. crypts melt completely in a new tank).

It may be a deficiency or just the light isn't strong enough.

Caleb

Being a sword plant it was likely grown emersed and in transition.

May seem as a dumb question. Do you mean when you stated transition that it just needs to get adjusted to my tank?

May seem as a dumb question. Do you mean when you stated transition that it just needs to get adjusted to my tank?

Yes. Plants grown emersed out of water have to transition into submerged life.

Caleb

Yes. Plants grown emersed out of water have to transition into submerged life.

Caleb

I bought the plant that was grown submerged in water at a super awesome lfs near me.

Back
Top Bottom