Kole Yellow Eye Tang, a good addition?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

first-timer89

Aquarium Advice Freak
looking at adding a Kole Yellow Eye Tang to my 75 gallon tank, and was wondering if it would be a good addition. Also any tips on caring for one would be great. Any advice or personal experiences you wish to share with me would be great. thanks

I'm probably to late. :|
I have no personal experience with this tang but from what I understand, they are pretty hardy. The only issue I could see is the damsel may harass it when you first add it. Be sure to get one big enough to hold it's own against it. They'll eat flake food but should be supplemented with seaweed sheets so while your there, get a clip and some seaweed/nori. Being a tang and with tangs bad reputation for ich, be sure to QT him for a few weeks before adding him to your system.

Well I know I`m too late then but I do have one that I`ve had for 6 years. Mine came with an attitude which has allowed him to be one of the main players in my tank. Very hardy fish. I completely recommend one.

i recently added one as well. very active swimmer. a bit agressive but not too bad.
he just holds his ground if there is an "encounter" with another fish. mine eats all types of nori, grazes on live rock and eats mysis shrimp. i dont regret getting one at all.

steve r

Same here. I just added one about a month ago. Active swimmer and get's along well with others. Tears up any algae that trys to grow.

The only problem i see is that with the puffer and the tang your bioload takes a big hit. Your about to your fish limit on this tank.

Back
Top Bottom