Koralia 2 clicking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Erok7620

Aquarium Advice Activist
About a month ago I took apart all of my pumps and powerheads and gave them a good cleaning. Since then one of my koralias has been making a clicking sound. I've taken the impeller out several times and made sure it was in there right(I believe it is, kinda hard to not put it in right) but that doesnt seem to help. If I unplug it and plug it back in its quiet again for a while but starts clicking again after an hour or so. This PH is about a year old. i did the same thing to my K3 and it has no issues... quiet as the day I got it. Has anyone had this problem and what did you do to fix it?

Make sure the little washers at the base of the impeller are still there. If they are missing you will get a rattle or as you say a "clicking" sound.

I have 5 Koralia's and 1 of the #4's just started acting up, but it doesn't click. It's quiet for about 10 mins, then gradually gets louder. After about 30 mins you can hear it humming and actually feel it vibrating thru the glass. I just sent Bruce from Hydor an email to see what they can do about it. I'll let you know what he says. Yours may be a similar fix.

yeah, let me know what they tell you cccapt. And I had no idea there were washers in there. I've taken them apart several times. I'll check that out too.

Evidently there are supposed to be washers at the bottom of the impeller. I have 5 Koralia's and none of them have any washer besides the white 1 that locks into the bottom of the impeller. Unless they all had them and were lost after the 1st cleaning....dunno.
Hydor is sending me washers....and I made sure they knew I have 5 Koralias and none have washers and only 1 makes any noise. We'll see what happens when I get them. Their customer service is great tho. I emailed them in the AM and had a reply by lunch time.

I just got home from work and went digging around for a small washer. I found 1, put it in the K-4 and.......no more noise! The 1 I found will do until the real 1's from Hydor get here.

Evidently there are supposed to be washers at the bottom of the impeller. I have 5 Koralia's and none of them have any washer besides the white 1 that locks into the bottom of the impeller. Unless they all had them and were lost after the 1st cleaning....dunno.

This is how I lost mine. There are two washers in each pump. One at the base of the impeller and one at the base of the pump motor.

Back
Top Bottom