Kribensis not getting along

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

antgaitan

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I recently added two kribensis into my 20 long. Male and female as the man at the LFS told me, they’re pretty young and it’s hard for me to tell. For the first day or two they were getting along beautifully, Discovering the tank together and not separating. now one of them is constantly in hiding and the other one will chase it around when it’s in sight. Been going on for about three days now. I knew kribensis pairs could be tricky but is this normal behavior?

I was just looking at getting kribensis for a new tank i got Saturday. Reading on them last night. One article said tank mates to avoid are other kribensis'. It said solo, an established breeding pair, or 6 or more. Apparently they are good community fish, but not so good with conspecific aggression

I was just looking at getting kribensis for a new tank i got Saturday. Reading on them last night. One article said tank mates to avoid are other kribensis'. It said solo, an established breeding pair, or 6 or more. Apparently they are good community fish, but not so good with conspecific aggression

Totally agree with this from experience with Pelvicachromis Pulcher. Purchased two that were paired up at the lfs put them in a 29 gallon aquarium and after spawning the female killed the male. After introducing another male Kribensis the female was extremely aggressive after spawning and reared the fry alone.

Totally agree with this from experience with Pelvicachromis Pulcher. Purchased two that were paired up at the lfs put them in a 29 gallon aquarium and after spawning the female killed the male. After introducing another male Kribensis the female was extremely aggressive after spawning and reared the fry alone.
Black widow. Thanks for the info!

During spawning times the female will get very aggressive towards the male. I found in a small footprint tank you must have a lot of decor and plants to break the line of sight. My male had to stay at the other end of a 20 long or she would come at him at full force.

During spawning times the female will get very aggressive towards the male. I found in a small footprint tank you must have a lot of decor and plants to break the line of sight. My male had to stay at the other end of a 20 long or she would come at him at full force.
Wow, ok. Good to know. I think I'm just gonna get 1 for a 36g I just got and add in some congo tetras

Back
Top Bottom