Kribensis

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've got 3 pairs of kribs in one tank and 4 pairs in another the waters differnt in both tanks. In the one 75gal the waters part tap 40% / part R/O water 60%
PH/6.4 to 6.6
GH/20
KH/-0-
And one pair breeds every 3 weeks .

Then in the other 75g tank I have str8 tap water
PH/7.4 to 7.0
GH/ 200
KH/ 250 very hard water
The pairs in this water breed but the frys are smaller and only breed every 4 to 5 weeks.

So on the breeding of them I guess to me it just depends on the fish. Because I've had them breed in both soft and hard water.

You really don't need anything special. What size of a tank are they in? if it is a large enough tank(30g+) the male will probably breed with two females(well at least mine did). Just load the tank with plants and put 2 or 3 overturned flowerpot in and whala in about 2 weeks you'll have baby Kribs.
Hope This Helps and Good Luck

Alas, I have sad news. It appears one of the female was murdered and her body was stuffed in a shallow grave inside a cave. Her remains were buried at sea/septic tank. The male is the prime suspect as he is now showing a lot of aggression to one of the other two females. I think he is a serial killer .... Jack the Nipper. Is this normal or am I going to be buying (and perhaps burying) more female Kribensis?

Thats really not normaly for kribs. They get aggrasive at spawen time but I've never had them kill before. It sound like one of the females has bred and he's fighten off the others to help her out. Now if they have bred then it's usually best to pull the other female out as he will fight her awy from the one bred with. But he shouldn't kill them.
When mine bred they got aggrasive to and the lone female was left to find a hinding place in order to keep the male away. Kribs will only bred with one female at a time. So must likely the other female is ready to spaw to and he's not having an of it. So my best advise would be to pull the female he's not spawing with or fighting out til you know forsure if the've spawed.

Back
Top Bottom