krocky12's 29 gallon build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Krocky12

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey so the other day I picked up a 29 gallon tank that had a huge crack in it. So I siliconed it up and it holds water and I just finished painting the back of it a blue. And me and dad just started to make the stand for it.

Sounds like a fun father and son project. I'd be very nervous about the crack getting bigger even with the silicon.

Ya my neighbor used to be an aquarium supplier and he said that he used to take home tanks that were broken and fix it by siliconing it then by placing a piece of plexiglass over it then silicone that onto it

No its its only cost me like 5 or 6 bucks to fix it somewhat. The plexiglass isn't all that expensive.

Do you think that a penguin 300 would be good. Im pretty sure that its rated for 50 gallons

I don't see why not, although I would consider an aquaclear. Some have even DIYd them into a mini Refugium. Much more cost affective and better long term!

Ya but I'm using my whisper 75 on my 20 gallon. Should I change it back

Should I put the whisper 75 on the 29 gallon or should I leave it on the 20 gallon and just put the penguin on the 29

So that's what it looks like after I spray painted it with that kryol paint

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120629_164302.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120629_164302.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 157
All the wood needed

ForumRunner_20120630_145148.jpg

The tank and sand

ForumRunner_20120630_145249.jpg

The glass to help seal up that huge crack

ForumRunner_20120630_145045.jpg

So what do you guys think

Ya there will be more coming tomorrow and yes painting and adding some outer trim

Ya my parents aren't letting me setup the yank in my room so I have to find a new place for it

We have a tank at my work because it's clinically proven to have therapeutic affects. 15% reduction in anxiety, 40% improvement in middle and high school grades, provides care towards ADD (not saying this is you). Set your google settings to .edu searching. Google aquarium therapy to help course the parents.

I just might or I'm going to have to switch out the tanks.

So should I have a sump on the or no cause I have no idea

Krocky12 said:
I just might or I'm going to have to switch out the tanks.

So should I have a sump on the or no cause I have no idea

IMO a sump will always be beneficial and better than not having one. It adds to water volume (helps with ph sway and keeping the parameters in check), filters, and if you build a refugium in it, then life like PODs can live in it.

Back
Top Bottom