Landen 24P

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Slavo

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey guys!

I will be setting up my new Landen 24P (1.7 gallon) low iron rimless aquarium. This is an aquarium I've been wanting for several months and is the only one of its size and footprint that I know, which is what drew me to it. The dimensions are: 9.4" L × 6" W × 7" H, 5mm; it's the smallest low iron rimless aquarium that I've found.

I have also decided to use the Azoo Flexi Mini I just bought for this tank instead of the ADA Mini S (which it was originally intended for). It should fit perfectly and provide a great amount of light.

This will be my second attempt at an iwagumi style aquascape, which I'm hoping will be more successful that the last.

Here are the specs so far:

Tank & Equipment
Landen 24P (1.7 gallons)
Azoo Flexi Mini
Azoo Palm Filter
No Heater

Hardscape & Substrate System
Ohko/Dragon Stone
ADA AquaSoil (Amazonia/Powder)
ADA PowerSand Special-S
BorneoWild Balance
BorneoWild Boost P

Ferts
Flourish
Flourish Excel
Flourish Iron
Flourish Tabs
Osmocote+ tabs?

Plants
Micranthemum 'Monte Carlo'?

Fuana
Dragon Scale Betta (male)

(Some of these items I've ordered and am waiting for them to arrive. Once they do, I'll be sure to post some pictures.)

Thanks for looking!

This would look awesome as a scarlet badis tank. With some shrimp of course. This is always one of my suggestions for micro tanks :) Following!

Sounds great. You know I have a soft spot for rimless nano and pico tanks - especially the low iron variety. I've been out of the loop as of late, so I'm unfamiliar with a landen 24p (googling is right now). I've been very very tempted to get that azoo flex mini. Sounds like a very impressive light with its output and spectrum. Can't wait to see some pics!

Last edited:
This would look awesome as a scarlet badis tank. With some shrimp of course. This is always one of my suggestions for micro tanks :) Following!

Good idea.

I originally wanted to make this a shrimp tank, but I've also been wanting a Dragon Scale Betta for some time and I saw one that I couldn't pass up. So he's in a fish bowl, while I setup and cycle this tank.

Sounds great. You know I have a soft spot for rimless nano and pico tanks - especially the low iron variety. I've been out of the loop as of late, so I'm unfamiliar with a landen 24p (googling is right now). I've been very very tempted to get that azoo flex mini. Sounds like a very impressive light with its output and spectrum. Can't wait to see some pics!

Thanks Brian.

Haha, I do too. Apparently I've gained the same reputation in my aquatic gardeners club here in NJ.

The Landen 24P is a really unique tank. The company (Landen) seems to be another ADA knockoff, so we'll see what the quality is like when the tank arrives. Looks good on the internet lol.

As far as the Azoo Flexi Mini goes, it's amazing! I've done some reading on it, mainly Tom Barr's thoughts on it and he gave a glowing review. Some of the guys in my club went to the AGA in DC and said he had nothing but good things to say about it. I brought it to my last club meeting and we unboxed it, and tested it with a par meter. I don't remember what the reading was, but it good. I'm very exited to set it up and see what it can do.

I also followed along Tom Barr's thread on it. I wonder if the light uses Yuji high CRI emitters. Only thing that I wish that light had was dimming capability since height adjustment doesn't seem to be an option. On something shallow, algae is likely.

I also followed along Tom Barr's thread on it. I wonder if the light uses Yuji high CRI emitters. Only thing that I wish that light had was dimming capability since height adjustment doesn't seem to be an option. On something shallow, algae is likely.

Yea, a dimming feature would be nice on this unit.

I think Tom mentioned in his review that Azoo may be adding a height adjustment feature to this light since he and a few others, who reviewed/tested the unit, reported to Azoo that it be nice if you could adjust the height.

Yes, algae is a concern since it will be on such a small tank. I'll have to keep the photoperiod short I imagine.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice ??

Landen 24P Unboxing

Here are some picking of me unboxing the Landen 24P.

a846735b0d4eaee8215696f939c04115.jpg
db6b5e98603d7fa30ceaa5e28ac394d8.jpg
9139250b8e91783fb00cb22c964d8796.jpg
879d60082c658835deba899dae1f6457.jpg
24edca11d1df4ce9825e436f35499646.jpg
e2f8da6f790c1819d2a988b983218e38.jpg
ea4e1cee532b5999544a8711a1b9b424.jpg

Definitely Ada clone quality, from what I can see. Pretty cool though that they were able to get a unique footprint made for their line though.

Definitely Ada clone quality, from what I can see. Pretty cool though that they were able to get a unique footprint made for their line though.

Yea, it's a knockoff for sure, but a unique footprint, which is the main reason I got it.

Looks to be solid build quality. May be an optical delusion but is that 3/8" glass?? Looks thick!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Looks to be solid build quality. May be an optical delusion but is that 3/8" glass?? Looks thick!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Yea, the quality looks good. The silicone and bevel work is pretty good as well.

The glass is 5mm.

Yesterday the ADA AquaSoil Amazonia Powder and ADA PowerSand Special S arrived.

1615da4e40b65160bf39c6e35995abf6.jpg

Also, here is what the tank looks like with the Azoo Flexi Mini.

f80517c60716bcecf6a22abd6f485ed6.jpg
8c888a175c89630688cbeffda95ee93e.jpg
8674c874252cdddb8a14e1a5b2c24b98.jpg
8f4277c28c45e98e3c8a61ec91463af3.jpg
8909a56bd92b5146aba85c453fa69b00.jpg

Here's how the light compares to the LED fixture on the 2.1g rimless.

90ea7e9f7e8b79ad56d09945bb129ca1.jpg

Playing with the hardscape a bit. Trying to see where/how I would arrange the main/father stone.

8c75f298839cffba3f3d8798927ae09e.jpg

Those are some nice pics. Man, that flex mini is a perfect fit for that tank. Ohko stone is definitely one of my favorite hardscape materials due to the character. I like your style Slavo!

Back
Top Bottom