last question lol, my ph droped alot!!!! please help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mattt6511

Aquarium Advice Activist
hi my ph in my reef tank, its been going a little more then 3 weeks the ph has droped all the way down to 7.6, it was at 8.0 a few days ago i didnt worry much thast not bad but now its down to 7.6 what can i do??? i would ask the person at my lfs but so far hes been wrong and you guys are right on the dot. thanks.

Do a water change first that will probably do the trick You dont have a glass top do you?

Do you have a sump? Or just the main tank? If you took some water out and let it sit for 10m or so does the pH test higher? A common problem with closed top tanks is that the CO2 gets trapped under the glass and supresses the pH.

I was going to say what phyl said that that probably is one of the reasons for low PH. You might want to remove and put eggcrate over it or like mine nothing at all.

SW systems get their oxygen from a gas exchange process that occurs at the surface of the water.

Removing the glass tops on your tank and pointing a powerhead towards the surface of the water will greatly improve the gas exchange process and bring your pH back in line. Air bubblers don't really do much in a SW system other than create a big crusty mess of salt to clean up from all the bubbles popping at the surface.

Back
Top Bottom