latest addition guppy girl

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

_skyla_

Aquarium Advice Addict
My poor endler female was being harrased by my guppy male and endler male so i thought it a good excuse to add a female guppy hehe
I think shes very pretty and cant wait to see her colouring when shes less stressed and settled in to a healthy home :)

IMG_2953.jpg

_skyla_ said:
My poor endler female was being harrased by my guppy male and endler male so i thought it a good excuse to add a female guppy hehe
I think shes very pretty and cant wait to see her colouring when shes less stressed and settled in to a healthy home :)

She's really pretty :) love her colors!

shellyx said:
She's really pretty :) love her colors!

Thanks I hadn't seen a female with that colouring before :) I'm assuming she's probably pregas haha she doesn't look it yet but does look like she has the gravid spot

_skyla_ said:
Thanks I hadn't seen a female with that colouring before :) I'm assuming she's probably pregas haha she doesn't look it yet but does look like she has the gravid spot

I haven't seen a female that color before she's really pretty, lots of babies for you! Lol

shellyx said:
I haven't seen a female that color before she's really pretty, lots of babies for you! Lol

Yeah i don't mind babies it's an excuse to get a bigger tank earlier :D So do u think that's a gravid spot aswell even though she's not plump at all yet? Im curiouse to see what her babies would be like since well the father is unknown lol. I'd like her to have bubs with my male guppy eventually they would make some pretty babies I'd think.

_skyla_ said:
Yeah i don't mind babies it's an excuse to get a bigger tank earlier :D So do u think that's a gravid spot aswell even though she's not plump at all yet? Im curiouse to see what her babies would be like since well the father is unknown lol. I'd like her to have bubs with my male guppy eventually they would make some pretty babies I'd think.

I can see it slightly my fones not too good lol but that's what it looks like to me. It's great too add a new tank!

bad pic of when i first got him hes heaps brighter now and his tail is just beautiful

2012-09-28 18.41.07-1-1.jpg

hes a neon snakeskin or something i think but a mix of those two would be pretty

_skyla_ said:
bad pic of when i first got him hes heaps brighter now and his tail is just beautiful

hes a neon snakeskin or something i think but a mix of those two would be pretty

He's really nice love the patterns on the snakeskin, my son has 3 orange snakeskin & he loves them. Your female would have some lovely babies with him :)

shellyx said:
I can see it slightly my fones not too good lol but that's what it looks like to me. It's great too add a new tank!

oh well i should expect fry in about 3 weeks either way :)

shellyx said:
He's really nice love the patterns on the snakeskin, my son has 3 orange snakeskin & he loves them. Your female would have some lovely babies with him :)

oh how beautiful the snakeskins really are lovely.

_skyla_ said:
oh how beautiful the snakeskins really are lovely.

They are, I keep saying I'm getting no more guppies but I think I,ll miss them their so active & the colors really light up the tank, I,ve seen an electric blue snakeskin at my lfs & their stunning :)

Ooooh I want one! haha ! Well you can't go wrong with guppys if u want a bright eye catching display. I love platys and mollies too I know there all common basic fish but I have a soft spot for them

_skyla_ said:
Ooooh I want one! haha ! Well you can't go wrong with guppys if u want a bright eye catching display. I love platys and mollies too I know there all common basic fish but I have a soft spot for them

Yep, you can get a lot of beautiful colors that brighten up the tank :)

Skyla, I have a male guppy the same as yours, a camera doesn't do them justice :)

Ursi said:
Skyla, I have a male guppy the same as yours, a camera doesn't do them justice :)

It Definatley doesn't :) I'd love to see a pic of your boy. I'm just surprised that she had her colouring for a girl gup anyway.

_skyla_ said:

You mean guppy female, right? Endler females don't have any color, unless that is some sort of hybrid. Either way, she's a good looking fish! I had the same issue with my male endler in my community tank. Those guys are horny little bastids! He was going nuts on my female platy....she's the only female livebearer in that tank. I went out the other day to pick up 2 female guppies cuz that poor platy was stressed out. By the time I got home, one of the little girls gave birth in the bag! Now I have 9 guppy fry in a breeder net hanging in the tank, and not enough space! Plus, my endler tank with one black bar male and 5 females is probably going to explode within a few days. I'm hoping one of my reliable lfs's will give me some trade in credit to support my habit. Hahahahaha! Good luck with yours!

yeah shes a guppy female the other girl is an endler female shes plain with a tiny bit of neon yellow on the edges of her tail. So i had a guppy male, endler male and endler female so i got the guppy female to take the attention of her

Gotcha! And good move. Ever since I added the 2 female guppies, my female platy has been doing much better. Gotta spread that love ! Hahaha

Skyla, I only have make guppies I don't have any female, I will try to get a pic I do try regularly but my phone is slow and they are fast I find it hard to get a decent pic but as soon as I do I will upload one onto this thread :)

Back
Top Bottom