Leaning Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ady1397

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey

I just got my 72Bow Front up and running.
I put it against the wall and i noticed that it leans a little towards the front. Away from the wall
i think theat the floor is a little off so i cant do anything about it

it leans maybe a degree or two off the horizontal

is this a problem?

My other tank did it too it was a 30 gal xhigh
i never had any problems??

im just paranoid :?

What kind of place are you in? house, apartment, or what? Can you go 1 floor down and check the supports/joists?

it leans maybe a degree or two off the horizontal

is this a problem?

Probably not, I've never had a tank be totally level, but checking the joists underneath is never a bad idea. I sleep better knowing my tanks are not going through the floor!

I have a 10 gallon that lists to the side a bit. I was worried at first but then a doubt if there is a truely level floor out there. If you are truely worried then why not use some braces to attach the stand to the wall.

All my tanks are truely level, as verified by a bubble and laser level.

They sit right on my concrete floor, to.. well, carpet, pad, then concrete.

Even if its a few degrees, iits still a lean. and if its leaning, it could get worse in time. I'd try, if nothing else, sticking some shims under the front of the stand every few inches to try to get it level.

its a concrete floor.

all i was worried about was stress on the tank seals.

the tank isnt going anywhere

i thought maybe the tank would warp and the seals would loosen over time...

i dont know.. :roll:

It is putting more stress on them then they would normally see, so I would be weary.

I like to play things verysafe, so I, persnally, would do something about it.

However my idea of safe is far more strict than most peoples standards. I'm paranoid o_O

You're correct William. The larger the tank, the more stress on the joints. Save yourself some needless worry and shim it up. I've placed some stands on 1/2 plywood and shimmed til level.

Back
Top Bottom