LED for lo-med planted (no Co2)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rodeo one

Aquarium Advice Addict
Does anyone know what type would be best? Looking at the Fluval but then I Googled for info & quickly got confused....

Depending on the depth of the tank, the Finnex FugeRay might put you in that range. However, unlike the Current USA Sat (or Sat+?), they are not adjustable.

Tank is 18" deep (50g) and 13" wide. Would I need 2 lights & is this the right one?ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1387509439.812037.jpg

Is that 13" front to back or side to side? For 50g and 18" deep I'd think it would be wider than that.

I will have to defer on the 1 vs 2 fixture question to someone who owns one.

Is that the right light? Also, it doesn t say 'for plants', just mentions better color on fish.

Is that the right light? Also, it doesn t say 'for plants', just mentions better color on fish.

The 6500k sounds right for plants. And the RGB might imply red-green-blue so I'm guessing full spectrum. I think you're good. Again as for one or two fixtures, idk.

Thanks for your help Fresh2O, it gets overwhelming sometimes.
Merry Christmas to me, tho!

I was lucky , found this site shortly after I started. Now have 3 nice planted tanks only because of all the great help I ve gotten here.

Back
Top Bottom