LED lighting options

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tbox

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I'm about to buy a "Marineland LED single or double bright 24"-36"
Would a double be mo better?
Is Marineland quality lighting, or would I be happiest going another route?

Marine land is the best in the bis I think that double would be good

Never hurts to read some reviews on Amazon.com for some peace of mind.

I have a 24-36inch on my 20 right now it was a saltwater so it's the reef capable ones. I absolutely love these lights they're awesome!

That's a picture of it lit up. :) hope this helps.

Attachments

• image-1695274406.jpg
    image-1695274406.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 121
Thanks for the input.
Nice pic ACO. Is that a single or double Marineland?

Thanks for the input.
Nice pic ACO. Is that a single or double Marineland?

I really don't know lol, the box says reef capable and it has three rows of lights and has day and night settings. I bought it for my saltwater tank. Works great for that too lol.

I have 2 yellow labs, 2 blue cobalt zebras, an albino zebra, and what is either a rubin red or German red peacock from what I've seen. Also a common Pleco..

I have the 48-60 inch single bright on my 90gal. seems to me to put out plenty of light, but if you have the extra money you might as well get the double bright. also bought a 24-36 single bright for my 40 breeder but do not have it up yet.

Yeah the German red and Rubin red look very similar. Really cool looking peacocks! Is your fish still a juvenile with colors intensifying?

Is it Green Bay Hammbone, the bowling legend? Lets see a pic of your 90 with the single Marineland.

Also, the reviews I've read are not good. Marineland has a 17,000hr lifetime estimation on their product. I've seen multiple owners say the bulbs are burning out around 3,000hrs.

Is it Green Bay Hammbone, the bowling legend? Lets see a pic of your 90 with the single Marineland.

It is, although legend is understating a little.:cool: I have been retired for several years though. i will try to get some pics from my phone later. who is this by the way?

Yeah the German red and Rubin red look very similar. Really cool looking peacocks! Is your fish still a juvenile with colors intensifying?

Yea in pretty sure they're gettin brighter he's so cool!

Following along. I have the Marineland single the 36-48, and love the light it gives. I'm planning a 125 right now, and was wondering how much better the doubles might be.

Here is a pic of my 90 with the single bright 48-60. Lighting us pretty subdued but with black background and black sand that can be expected.

Edit: couldn't get pic to load from phone, will try again later.

I just bought a single 48 inch for my 90 gal I'm happy with the amount of light it gives off.

My question (don't mean to.steal.your thread)
Is there a uv light for LED as I have a planted tank?

Nice looking Dempseys Cbourg.
The single does look and sound to be a good product. I'll get the double for no good reason. Any premature bulb burnouts?

Back
Top Bottom