Led lighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zbatey

Aquarium Advice Regular
I was looking into lighting my ninety gallon reef with all LEDs and was thinking of using the cad lights led fixture or the ecoxotic panorama 36 and was wandering if anybody has had these and if they know how many I would need to do sps

i have no direct experience with these, except for seeing some of the earlier models on tanks at a LFS.
i can't seem to find any PAR numbers on either of the fixtures you mentioned though. they say you can put sps under the panoramas, but according to ecoxotics "coral placement guide" you will have to put them up in the top 1/3 of the tank.

i have seen many videos with these fixtures over tanks with sps towards the bottom though. the ecoxotic canons seem bright enough though. i don't know how many you would need over a standard 90. they don't give any spread info.

i don't know what size this tank is, but it looks pretty cool like this:
cannon_tank.jpg

well, i think there is more to it than that. i have noticed that some LED fixtures lack the spread, so even if you have 24 of them, you might have visible gaps. plus there are optics to think about. these channel the light a bit, and will effect the intensity.
also, dimming- if you can't dim them, they better have the correct mixture of white and blue, otherwise the corals may grow, but they colors won't pop.
then heat reduction- some have heat sinks, some have fans, some have both. what is necessary?

I'm surprised one of those cannon fixtures replaces three metal halides

Back
Top Bottom