Led lightning

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Siddd1980

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello! I have a question...I have a 29gallon heavily planted freshwater tank...I would like to change my lights to led lights...but I have no idea about the led lightning....

I'm not to knowledgable, but I know finnex has the fugeray and the ray 2. The Fugeray would put you in low light and the ray 2 would put you in medium light. There is also Buildmyled.com. They offer great LED's but I'm not sure where that would put you in the light category.

Led's suck I bought a marineland led 265$ and it shorted out and now only 1 setting works go with T5 HO then if there is a prob you can change the bulb. Led u are done when a problem occurs good luck on your search

Led's suck I bought a marineland led 265$ and it shorted out and now only 1 setting works go with T5 HO then if there is a prob you can change the bulb. Led u are done when a problem occurs good luck on your search

I actually disagree with the LEDs sucking. Just because you had an issue with one light fixture doesn't mean they are all terrible. In fact, I made a light for my 10g planted tank and couldn't be happier. I have 8 bulbs at 6500k light, if I went back to remake it I would probably switch out 2 of those lights to blue leds. If you didn't want to go with the DIY route there are some nice light fixtures out there although I would probably stay away from the marineland fixtures since they don't seem to have the right par rating for a high light level planted tank.

Hello! I have a question...I have a 29gallon heavily planted freshwater tank...I would like to change my lights to led lights...but I have no idea about the led lightning....

What kind of plants do you want to grow? Low light or med/high? Co2 injection?

I have fluval pressurized system 88g and 2*24 T5HO..I have vallisnerias aponogetons crypts water visteriaaaa....nothing crazy plants....

Since you have pressurized co2, you should probably go with the Finnex Ray 2 as Jkeating8 suggested. If you're thinking of growing any red stem plants, that's a different story. In that case the BuildmyLED.com plant LED or the Fluval Daylight Aqualife & Plant LED or two Current Satellite LED+ fixtures would work.

Back
Top Bottom