lets guess who the mommy and daddy are

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

harmy4993

Aquarium Advice FINatic
well i started to do my weekly maintance in my tank when i noticed a gel on the front of the glass. i looked closer and noticed it was eggs. looks like gel with about 10-15 eggs. then after looking around i see these egg patches every where. on the glass, under plants and on the drift wood.

i attempted to take a picture but they dont show up. so any guesses on the proud parents?

3 julii cory,
3 otto cats,
6 neon tetra
4 glolight tetra
1 male german blue ram( i know its not him lol)
some shrimp( not them)

It's undoubtedly the cories.

Shrimp carry the eggs full term. Ram eggs are orange and both parents guard them. Usual spawning sites are horizontal rather than vertical and include flat rocks, driftwood, even in pits that have been dug out by both parents. Plus, as you already mentioned you have one in the tank and it's a male. Neon and glowlight tetras are egg scatterers so the eggs would not be clumped together, nor in gel, plus they are small. That leaves you with cories and ottos. Ottos spawning in captivity is very uncommon so that suggests that the cories are the culprit, especially since the ones you have are more easily bred.

hmm well i did what i should have done to begin with and google. they dont look like any pond snail eggs pictures. id would be a little scared if it was snail eggs. there are alot of eggs total. ive spotted 9 spots atleast of these groups. that would be about 90-125 eggs that i can see.

with the cory egg pics its hard to tell. the google pics are not very clear that i could find.

i really wish i could get a clear pic of them in my tank

Back
Top Bottom