Let's see your shrimp!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Aww they look awesome! I think next time I add a new color I am going to go with blue.

Did you ever get the neon greens??? (I think it was you who had mentioned ordering the greens)

That was me but I wimped out and decided to add to my blues and pumpkins instead :hide:

I was attempting to get a couple pics of my new(ish) chili rasboras because they are finally starting to color up. They didn't cooperate so I ended up getting a couple of ok pics from my yellows.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1426363189.485741.jpg mama hiding in a plant
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1426363215.202184.jpg and a couple babies.

I only wish I had done all black instead of black and white mixed sand

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Nice colors on the shrimp! How are the rasboras doing for you?

I'm in a sand dilemma right now. Getting a Spec 5 for scarlet badis and probably some of my RCS. I always do black or natural browns but I'm seriously considering a white. Hate making decisions like this :rolleyes:

They are still fairly skittish. One has colored up like whoa! Awesome. The others aren't as colorful but I know they can take a while. I wish they would come out a little bit more though! Just them and the yellows. I am debating tomorrow or Monday trimming back some of the plants so they have less hiding spots.

I have 12 of them in there now. (12 gallon eclipse system) I do have a 25$ gift card I won to the lfs so I might go and get 3 more pairs. (They are 9.99/pair there) they are still relatively new. One batch (4) are 3 weeks in the tank and the second batch (8) have been in it for 2 weeks

They are still fairly skittish. One has colored up like whoa! Awesome. The others aren't as colorful but I know they can take a while. I wish they would come out a little bit more though! Just them and the yellows. I am debating tomorrow or Monday trimming back some of the plants so they have less hiding spots.

I have 12 of them in there now. (12 gallon eclipse system) I do have a 25$ gift card I won to the lfs so I might go and get 3 more pairs. (They are 9.99/pair there) they are still relatively new. One batch (4) are 3 weeks in the tank and the second batch (8) have been in it for 2 weeks

They're definitely not easy to photograph! I had a pair of rather shy A. australe so I moved the rasboras in with them, everyone ended up happier. I may add a few more in the future.

Haha i dont blame you :)
Yeah they are great cant wait until my lfs has some other colours :)

They're definitely not easy to photograph! I had a pair of rather shy A. australe so I moved the rasboras in with them, everyone ended up happier. I may add a few more in the future.

How long did it take for your rasboras to really color up? It's been a few weeks now and I am surprised I don't see more color. I have a few that are finally starting to but maybe I got mostly females

How do I post a video from my iPhone? I have a hilarious clip of my RCS interacting, but I can't figure out how to get it onto this thread.

You would have to upload it online - like YouTube and then post the link

Also the same way once it reach the upload quota on here

You would have to upload it online - like YouTube and then post the link

Also the same way once it reach the upload quota on here

How do I post a video from my iPhone? I have a hilarious clip of my RCS interacting, but I can't figure out how to get it onto this thread.

With a paid subscription I believe you get a larger quota of photos to post.
I setup an account on Imgur and use a free app called Pocketgur to upload images and get the image links.
For videos, i setup a YouTube account and I use a free app called Capture to edit and upload to YouTube.

Sweet. I will have to look into the apps. I've been doing it on the website which takes forever

How long did it take for your rasboras to really color up? It's been a few weeks now and I am surprised I don't see more color. I have a few that are finally starting to but maybe I got mostly females

I have a good-sized group of maculatus and merah now (they do actually school together, yay!)....they have nice color but not the intense reds of the fish you see online. My badis tank has black sand and those fish show great color. In retrospect I wish I had done the same in the tank with the rasboras but I have too many other projects going on right now :whistle:

Do you have any pics of yours? Mine are living with the garnderi pair, I recently packed out the tank with najas grass so it's almost impossible to get a shot of the rasboras.

I will try again for pics later. Mine were sold as all brigattae and they have some in a display tank from the same supplier that are a stunning red but I am wondering if they are all brigattae. They have the right pattern on some and have that blue sheen over the black. Mine do hide in the plants a lot so it is hard to get good pics on top of them being so small and quick

Back
Top Bottom