Let's try fish again...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Scott F

Aquarium Advice Freak
Did alright with it years back, but ya forget so many things ! I'm sure you can figure out my name easily enough ;)

Sitting on a 10 gallon community tank that could use more of a community, and starting up a used 45 gallon tank that was too good of a deal to pass up.

But the upside is that I know I need to cycle the tank without anything in it first...it's more of a play thing at this point until it gets some residents.

Everytime I've looked up questions lately it's led me here so I figured WTH...I'll come join in and learn a thing or two.

Did alright with it years back, but ya forget so many things ! I'm sure you can figure out my name easily enough ;)

Sitting on a 10 gallon community tank that could use more of a community, and starting up a used 45 gallon tank that was too good of a deal to pass up.

But the upside is that I know I need to cycle the tank without anything in it first...it's more of a play thing at this point until it gets some residents.

Everytime I've looked up questions lately it's led me here so I figured WTH...I'll come join in and learn a thing or two.

Welcome to the forum. You can also try fish-in cycling, it's not the devil if you do it well, I promise.

Welcome to the forum. You can also try fish-in cycling, it's not the devil if you do it well, I promise.

Thanks ! I thought about it, but this 45 set up looks to have been sitting for awhile. The gravel was pretty dirty, the media in the filter looked the same, I cleaned the tank well, tested it, set that up after rinsing all the rock but I know I"ll need to do some cleaning of it here this week.

I sure as hell wouldn't want to live in it at this point and would feel horrible subjecting another living thing to it !

Oh I'd definitely clean it all out really well before doing anything, I just meant that you don't have to fishless cycle the tank if you don't want to.

I'd probably toss the filter media and give the rocks a good scrub down if you plan to reuse them.

Back
Top Bottom