lifereef or octopus skimmer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

02tts

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Need some opinions...

I have both brand new Ocotopus DNW-200 recirculating skimmer and a Lifereef VS3-30 Venturi skimmer.

Wondering if anyone has experience with both and what your thoughts were...the Octopus is a bit of pain because of the size and a loud recirculating pump, compared to the Lifereef, which is powered by a single blueline pump, which is not only extremely quiet but the skimer itself is 10x quieter than the octopus.

that being said, wondering if anyone had the pleausre of experimenting with either and what the results were...

Haven't had the experience but try them both at different times since you already have both and see which one pulls out more skimate and you have a winner. Sell the other one on E-bay or craigslist and your good to go.

yea its really about the performance, i can see how noise would be a bad thing and get in the way of sleep n stuff, but you know if your "PUS" has more green GUNK then the other then there you go, its all bout the skimmate being takin out!! GOOD LUCK

I have an Octopus which is not even a recirculating, and it still works great. I would imagine the one you have would work awesome. Mine is not loud, but maybe the recirculating is what makes yours loud, I don't know. I don't know anything about the Lifereef skimmer. I woulnd't use the size of the Octo as a negative thing, unless it doesnt fit right.

Haven't had the experience but try them both at different times since you already have both and see which one pulls out more skimate and you have a winner. Sell the other one on E-bay or craigslist and your good to go.

I would say that this is about the best advice you are going to get. Use them both for a few weeks each and see which one you like better. If the noise is an issue then go with the Lifereef. They make great products.

I have the Octopus running now..will let it run for 1 month and see how it runs...so far, collecting a little dryer than lifereef with a little more foam, not much, barely noticeable, but let's see how it performs in a month.

Back
Top Bottom