Light Problems

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wolffish

Aquarium Advice Activist
Well i just got new fish since some of them died. May they rest in peace. So i got 5 neon tetras and 3 cloudy whites. So far they are doing good. Another thing that just happened a little while ago was my sisters tank just got infected with ick. With in 3 days almost all the fish died. It was like a atomic bomb hit her tank. Well acually it was a little more like this ->:tgv:. May they rest in peace too. Only one of her angles survived. So we got rid of the ick and we just got another angel and a placeo for her. So my question is that i just got a light for my fish tank and when i turn it on my fish will go and hid under one of the plants. They won't even come out to eat. When i turn it back off the fish will come out, eat and well just do regular fish stuff. What is the problem? :confused:

the light is too intense for them and is stressing them out. try turning the light on in the room first and let them get used to it...do this for a week or so and then try turning the light on for the aquarium and see if they still hide. Is it a really bright bulb? might want to go with a lower wattage bulb.

Back
Top Bottom