Lighting, c02 Qs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

irdajoh

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hello, again!

Not too long ago I set up a 45g tall. I have a bonsai DW tree with moss, and try to get a DHG carpet. I know for a fact I didn't have the lighting for growing a carpet. That said I plunged in and bought a 36 inch finnex planted+24/7. I love it so much because of 24/7 mode of course so I can see my tank at night.
Now i think it would it be better if I was to put the light on my timer and have it at max settings for fast growth? I dose about 2.5ML of flourish a day, it's under dosed because I keep shrimp.
With that stated, I also have a fluvel pressurized co2 system, it came with regulator, needle valve, drop counter, some tubing but not enough. And I bought a drop checker. It isn't my ideal long term co2 system. Soon I'll upgrade to the real deal.
But for now I keep it on 24/7 mode and turn my co2 on at 6A.M. to 7 or 9 pm.
I just don't know what I should do. I want to see my tank lit up when I'm home but I don't know if the co2 should be on all day/night since during evening hours the light is low or off.

TL;DR: max light on timer(12PM-11pm) with co2 on since 6am, or 24/7 mode co2 on at 6AM off at 6PM-9PM/ or keep it on all the time?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Seems like a long duration of time for your lighting...I understand what you're going for but seems like trouble on the horizon..

sit in silence...

Back
Top Bottom