Lighting for 45gal Cube

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hannibal the Bichir

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hi, I'm new to saltwater reef tanks. I'm getting a 45gal rimless tank. It will be 24in long and the depth is 18in I think. Right now I have a single finnex Ray 2 that's 24in. I spoke with a Lfs and they recommended two Ray 2s. Or this led, I forgot the name but it was controlled by a remote and the list price was $350. Can I get by using 2 Ray 2s, or should I get an entirely new setup? I'm looking to grow beginner to intermediate corals and mushrooms. I'm very new to this, I've had lots of freshwater and planted tanks before though. Thank you

That would be great for a planted tank, but not so much corals. I'd suggest one of the taotronic LED units. They have gone as low at 85, but usually see them at about 120. One unit will cover 2 ft of tank and will let you keep anything you want under it that has photosynthetic needs. I'd suggest a unit that dims so you can lower the intensity of these very powerful lights.

Back
Top Bottom