Lighting for a 75

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TankMan

Aquarium Advice Freak
I need some good medium to low lights for plants. As well as a fixture to hold them. Any ideas?

None. Purchased the tank w/ stand for dirt cheap ok craigslist.

I have had good results on my 75 with a simple single strip T8 fixture. Most would call this ultra-low light but, ya know what, most people tend to way over-light their aquariums. This tank grows nearly as well as my other two T5HO setups only slower. The following pic is after trimming most of the plants.

Attachments

• image-1698647349.jpg
    image-1698647349.jpg
    175.9 KB · Views: 38
You could look into Fishneedit's T5-HO fixtures, since they tend to resemble more of a high-end T5-NO light due to the fair-quality reflectors and bulbs they use. It's one of those cases where I prefer the fixture to be less of a quality item than the competition because I don't want to dose C02 and I don't want T5-NO due to the proprietary bulbs they tend to require (but I also have a 30" tank and the NO options for that are limited anyway). It's like getting a T5-HO light that borders on a strong T5-NO and it's priced really well.

Back
Top Bottom